Don't forget to love yourself

Let's talk about self love: 
When is it the right time to take a step back and focus on yourself? Let me know. 



I am surrounded by people who have had amazing opportunities throughout life including high school, college, military, my dance background, in cosmetology, and even in the regular work day. All of the situations I've witnessed are all amazing things that these individuals even myself should be proud of, and be able to express when we want too. Sometimes the situations cause us to not recognize our own successes. 

For example: My senior year in high school, one of my friends received a scholarship (or some sort of reward) to Penn State University for football. He was absolutely ecstatic... and had every reason to but, after word got out, the haters and the jealousy was absolutely insane. In all honesty, the mockery that was made of him, was just absolutely embarrassing.

It is very hard to deal with being in this environment and not fall into the trap of slowly adapting the negative mannerisms. There comes a time when people need to become more independent and know the type of person they are and who they want to be. So why are people always regressing to the mean?

What the JOHN is the point? Why can't we root for each other? Why are people so shallow? More importantly, WHY DO I CONTINUE TO SURROUND MYSELF AROUND NEGATIVE PEOPLE, once again, let me know?

Comments

Popular Posts